Friday, January 30, 2004

To read minds

I figure that if I was able to read minds, I wouldn't study as hard for test. And you know what? That would be all right. Why? Because, if I had the ability to read minds, I'd be able to know what people wanted and/or were looking for all the time. I'd know what my professor was expecting me to study; or better yet I'd know what to expect on the next quiz/test/midterm/exam. I would study only the questions on the exam, and I would ace it. And that would be fine.

After graduating with honors, I'd make it into the real world. I'd be prepared for anything in the work place. With my power to read minds, I'd have the combined knowledge of all my co-workers. I'd be a prodigy, that's what I'd be. And if I were to go on a game show, anything to do with knowledge, I'd be able to use my powers and come out on top.

You may think this is cheating; cheating == evil, but I'd have to disagree. If I have those powers, why not use them. If everyone had those powers then it wouldn't be such a big deal. Knowledge would be passed down from one person to the next, and everyone would be just as intelligent as the next. From here, society could go two ways. We either degenerate into a reliant conglomerate of false-knowledge or

-we feed on knowledge and increase our intelligence even more.

No comments:

Followers