Saturday, May 14, 2005

Done and Done

The MITACS conference is over, at least for me it is. There's a few more hours of seminars and some meetings for the professors. However, the profs are leaving in the early evening and I'm staying behind.

I've got another night here on campus at the University of Calgary and will be leaving tomorrow, mid-morning. A professor from the school I attend was nice enough to offer me a ride back with her, which is great because that saves me spending $72 on the Greyhound (Greyhound is a bus-line here in North America).

Last nights dinner was great, a five course meal. Starting with tiger prawns with mango salsa followed by minestrone soup. Caprese salad came after that, which I didn't like too much. The salad was a ring of tomato slices seperated with brocrmksdf cheese on a leaf of lettuce with cracked pepper and basil oil. I thought I was eating dandelion. The main course came after the salad; beef roast with whiskey gravey and a couple pieces of potato with zucchini and carrot. Desert was mango, raspberry and blackberry gelato with strawberry sauce.

I didn't win anything with my research, not that I was really expecting to. This guy won one of three first place awards for his research which is kinda fun to play with. In just over 24 hours I'll be back at home with my girlfriend. I can hardly wait.

-See you soon, sweetie

No comments:

Followers