Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Throttle control

Just passed

I'd taken my motorcycle skills test (MST) last week and failed with 5 demerits. I don't know how many I'm allowed, but I failed all the same. The inspector, female, sent me home, telling me to come back in one week.

This morning I took the MST again. The inspector, a guy, passed me with 3 demerits. Wheres last week I rawked out on the slow-speed straight ride and was alright on the pylon slalom, and utterly screwed up the quick-stop from u-turn; this week I utterly screwed up the slow-speed straight ride, wobbling all over the straight line... twice. But I was great with the pylons and I rawked out with the acceleration/deceleration of the quick-stop maneuver.

Upon completion, I stalled the bike. A demeritable offense, one which he ignored since the test was over. He handed my license back to me saying "have another printed up inside", where last week she kept mine and said "have another printed up inside". But before I left, he made sure I knew that I sucked. "You need to practice. Holy Crap! You need to practice that throttle control. It's like riding a bicycle, that's where the balance is. It'll keep you in a straight line."

-And I drove home this week. 5 minute drive or 30 minute walk

No comments:

Followers