Monday, May 02, 2005

Helping those in need

I stopped in at the library this morning, before starting work for the day. I borrowed Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time and H.G. Wells' War of the Worlds for some reading, after I've finished Bram Stoker's Dracula of course. The latter should be finished tonight.

My sole purpose of entering the library was to pay my late fees. My school is in transition from one institution to another and I am worried that if I do not pay my fees ($10) that even so small a fine will hurt me later on. For all I know, the fine could prevent myself obtaining my graduation. I was prepared to pay the fine, and had in fact placed my money on the counter (it's about time, as the fee has been growing over the last 3 years), when the librarian informed me they are promoting "food for fines". This means, they will accept one food item per late fee to clear the fines. 5 food items, in the form of pasta/canned/etc seems a good deal to me, in helping the local food bank.

-Feedy the Needy

No comments:

Followers