Thursday, March 14, 2002

Matt Casamassina's first Memory Card sparked this little bit from me in IRC. I was totally unaware of this. Here's the conversation that follows. (Edited, of course. Not for content, but for structure)

{WiLD2> :O There's a sticker that comes with the GameCube memory card 59?!?!
* WiLD2 runs to the garbage pile in his room
{WiLD2> Whoa, there is a sticker for the GCN memory card
{WiLD2> good thing I never threw out the plastic packaging, I'd never have found the sticker then
* Peph wonders how long ago you bought it
{WiLD2> December 31
{Peph> lol
{Peph> You mean, you have to clean your bathroom like every 2 weeks but you haven't cleaned your room since December?
{WiLD2> I clean my bedroom regularly, but there's one corner of my room I just throw stuff. Not necessariy garbage that becomes biological waste (because donuts dry out and don't become toxic), but it is stuff that should get thrown in the garbage, probably.

So, no I really didn't know that there was a sticker for the Memory card. I picked the plastic packaging (still 80% sealed) and there it was, right up by the hole the metal hanger thingy pokes through. The sticker was (and still is) hidden inside the plastic packaging. This thing has reached relic status and I'm afraid to pull it out of it's plastic casing for Ph34r of breaking some sacriligeous taboo (which I just made up, minus the religious part). Ah hell, I want to put this thing on my Memory card.

* WiLD tears open the package to get at the sticker.
{WiLD2> JOY!!! There's TWO stickers!!!!!!

-Out

But wait! There's more!

{Peph> :)
{Peph> What do these stickers look like anyway?
{WiLD2> http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/myfirstmemorycard.jpg
{WiLD2> Like that
{Peph> lol
{WiLD2> w00t, perfect application
{Peph> do they have different colored ones?
{WiLD2> mine is on straight, if a little to the left
{WiLD2> both grey, like that
{Peph> :(
{WiLD2> but there's probably colored stickers
{WiLD2> there is colored cards
{WiLD2> Uh oh, putting the long skinny sticker on the end of this is going to be tricky
{Peph> heehee
{WiLD2> :-/ a near perfect execution. At least it's still in the depression ;-)
* WiLD2 labels this card "A"

-The Real End

No comments:

Followers