Tuesday, April 09, 2002

Are you done yet?

After numerous template changes, I finally decided to go with the first one I tried :-/ Flames, yes flames are always a nice touch. CrackWhoreMonkey seems to be modifying his website, as well, so I'm working sans smilies now. Hrm, what's new?

Jedi Knight 2 is kicking an ample amount of rear-end. Dungeon Siege is still impressing me. Oh, speaking of which, I almost had a near disaster in it. There's two ways to save. The normal save (which is a back-up of sorts in an emergency) and then there's the quicksave. I had saved and quicksaved before I had entered some bandit's base, and proceeded to only quicksave for an hour after that. Forgetful me, you're never supposed to forget to quicksave, and I didn't, but I did forget to save as my emergency slot. An hour after my last save, my two mages were killed. I immediately went to hit the quick load button, but by mistake I pushed quick save. So here I am with one DEAD mage, and one that's knocked out. The big problem is, only mages can revive people from the dead, and I couldn't very well load up my emergency save because that was an hour behind me. Back to my chilling story, my nature mage wakes up and I immediately had him cast resurrect on my combat mage. Mr Nature Mage proceeded to receive an asswhooping and he was now officially dead. It went back and forth like that for about 4 revival/resurrections. You try facing two umberhulks with 1200 life each, and two enemy mages casting two more when you're done with the existing umberhulks. It's fairly hard to stay alive like that. So nature mage revives combat mage. Combat mage revives nature mage, etc etc, all the time my ranger is knocked out, my mule is knocked out. All that's riding on the survival of the party is my character "Van WiLDer" and his dwarf buddy "Garulf" -- or whatever the Dwarf's name is. The end.

Aren't I the best at story telling? ^_^

Um... oh yeah! I think I'll start modelling for NeverWinter Nights soon. Not officially -- I could only wish. But I'll start modelling some characters I'd like to import into the game, and thus into my own modules. CaSCaDe from DungeonPlanet has already started modelling. Here's his first model, a golem of sorts. He's already got animating down, now I just need to learn it as he has.

-shweehaaaaa

No comments:

Followers