Friday, August 30, 2002

It's been a while

...since I've been to the drive-in. We got there late, so none of "8 - Legged Freaks" made any sense. And Triple X (XXX) kicked ass because that's what it does. We had a truck to sit in and listen to the movie on a nice stereo system. Jepe and "JoeBob", Mel and I. I got home 11 minutes ago, at 1:30am, because anywhere is home even when no place feels like home.

I bought a cell phone today, so now I'm portable. I chose mobility over practicality because 1) Cell phones are CHEAP. 2) No humongous setup fees if/when I move. So I've got unlimited evenings and weekends (6pm to 8am) and 200 daytime minutes every month for 6 months. After the 6 months, it switches to 100 minutes. I've got free voice mail for 12 months and call waiting for 2 months. No contract, if I bail out it costs me $99 and I keep the phone, then I can pay as I go. The first three months are paid for already, but they kinda trick you into that. "Oh, the $119 is to buy the phone (- but what about the $99 to buy the phone again? -) and you'll get $119 credit toward your phone, so basically you get the first few months paid for". Oh well, it sounds good on paper. Heh, my Dad even bought a cell phone today with me, so we're both portable.

-There's a good theme going on here?!

No comments:

Followers