Tuesday, May 07, 2002

Beta Testing

I feel as if I'm beta testing Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind for Bethesda Softworks. The first day playing it was fine, I hadn't gotten very far in the game, nor was I doing much. Now, however, I find the game crashes on me 3 or 4 times in a 1 or 2 hour session. It happens only 3 or 4 times because I get frustrated with the game and stop playing after that. Here's the bugs I've encountered so far:

1)) You fall through the floor when you bunny hop, happens often enough for you to ph34r jumping. If a lake is underneath you (Vivec City) then you end up falling through all layers of ground until you splash into the water where you need to swim around until you find a place out. If there is no water beneath you, count yourself lucky if you fall and the game automatically resets you on the floor where you fell through. The unlucky time is when you just fall and fall and fall... and fall.

2)) Game crashes when you quick load a game after someone has started talking to you. Can't be reproduced every time, but it happens often enough, as said before.

3)) I'm sure there's a third bug that annoys me.

You all know my system specs, but here they are again in case some Bethesda developer is actually reading this and wants to do something about these bugs.
AMD K-7 III 751MHz w/ 256MB PC-133 SD-Ram and a TNT2 pr0 32MB AGP. Gigabyte something or another motherboard. 15GB Maxtor 7200 RPM HDD.

-Blazed and Diffused

No comments:

Followers