Saturday, April 20, 2002

Sleep deprivation Hallucination

So's I'm driving home tonight after visiting some friends out of town. It's 1:45am on the way home, I'm in the middle of town, the streets are dead. I'm a zombie behind the wheel, dead tired, but aware enough to drive - or so I thought. I glance up and see the light turn yellow, so I slow down and stop the car. There's a vehicle in the oncoming traffic who runs the red light. I glance up and it's green. Did I gap out? I don't think so, my foot would've fallen off the clutch. Sleep deprivation hallucination.

I'm almost home, I'm at another intersection but this time the light is green. I know for a fact it's green, I can go, it's green. I checked twice, three times. It's green. Then why is there a guy walking at the crosswalk only 70 feet ahead of me while I'm doing 60 mph? I glance up, the light is green, I can go. It's green. I still don't know why he didn't run out of the way :-/

-makes you think something bad happened, dunnit?

No comments:

Followers