Tuesday, May 14, 2002

Must Update


The picture of my Redgaurd wearing the robe was starting to get annoying, time to bump it down a little. I went to the college yesterday to work out my course selection. It didn't go too well . Apperantly I'm still enrolled in highschool and still haven't graduated; like hell. So I've got to call some lady and tell her to straighten it out, or at least walk her through it. Now I've got 5 years of school, rather than the average 4 years, mostly because work caused me to flunk out of Math 12 and fall into Math 11. 3 days left to finish my math course, I think I'm making good time. I finished Chapter 7 yesterday, today I'll finish chapter 8 and write tests 8 and 9. Then I'll get started on Trigonometry tonight, finish it tomorrow, study for the exam all night and write the Exam Thursday.

I ask my Dad when is a good day for me to go to my Uncle's (by bus) so I can visit before I go away. He mumbles and grumbles, then pauses for a minute, then grumbles again. Then he tells me he wants me to finish my math first. It's about that time I want to slap him out of his drunken stupor because explaining the same thing to the same person over and over really pisses me off; as my Mom, unfortunately, is proof of that. But this isn't about her, it's about him. So I explain again that whether I leave Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday or Tuesday, if I haven't got my math finished by Thursday then I'm not going to get it done at all. So it doesn't matter what day I go, I tell him. Trust him to forget that in another 12 hours (from now, thus 24 hours from yesterday).

I'll put in another 6 or 8 hours of school today, devoted to doing just math like the rest of the year's done to me. Except I usually only stayed at school for 3 hours, no longer. I averaged 2 hours, though. So only 15 hours a week. This week, I'll have 24 hours in; how's that for 4 chapters of work and an exam? The sooner I get this done, the sooner I can get the party started. Like a dog that has a habit of licking his balls, I just wanna have fun. No math = no worries = fun summer.

-Summer of Fun

No comments:

Followers