Saturday, May 18, 2002

He's A Super Hero

StarWars Episode 2 was very good, probably the best of the bunch, so far. The first day-time showing since it opened Thursday and the theatre was half-empty. Now, let's analyze "half-empty" and "half-full". If I was expecting the theatre to be empty and 50% of the seats were used, I'd say the theatre was half-full because 'full > expectation'. If I was expecting the theatre to be full and only (notice now I use the word 'only' where I didn't previously) 50% of the seats were used, then the theatre was half-empty because 'empty < expectation'. That makes sense?

Now onto my super powers. I've discovered recently that I have the uncanny ability to piss people off at will. Tonight my Grandma was my victim when she, unfortunately for her, happened to set me off. She stated the obvious all too much, and presented it to me like it was news or some schitt. That offended me, so from that point on, I was very quick with my replies and non-communicative. Here's some general things that'll set me off:

1) Asking of my family (may include but is not limited to "So, how's X doing?" or "What is your X doing right now?" or "What is X planning on doing tonight?")
2) Small talk about my schooling (may include but is not limited to "You have to get this done" when the person has expressed no interest in my school work previously)
3) Inquisitions into my life (may include but is not limited to "What did you do today? Why did you do that? When did that happen? Who was there? What color was the shirt you were wearing? What color were your pants? Were you aware those colors don't go well together?")

As you can see, I like some privacy, and I may go to the extremes and insist that you have just trespassed on my personal life. There's a certain few people who may get away with a few questions on occasion. The last message I received from my Grandma was at 10:52pm and it is now 11:47pm. I've since written approximately 1000 words of discussion to her, with no reply. I know she's around because my Grandpa is still online, too. Here's a snippet of our discussion:

She asks me if I'm excited I'm going to Georgia, I reply by telling her I'm not excited and I've hardly given it any thought. That's my way of keeping the excitement to a minimum, I deal with it when the time comes. She explains my Mom and Dad are excited and looking forward to my visit. Well, thank you Miss Cleo. That was something I didn't know, and you are truely a divine person for enlightening me with your knowledge. Yes, that sounds a little harsh, but I never said that to her. In fact, I let it slide, I said nothing... untl a couple minutes later when I responded with an 'ok'. She tells me it's the truth, and to trust her. To which I replied my independance 'I don't need to trust anyone' and there she turns sour. She pushes on me I've got a bad attitude etc etc. I corrected her, explaining I was merely stating my will to not have to rely on other people. I never got a responce after that. She'll be loving me again tomorrow. So tonight, I'll watch "The Hobbit" on VHS and fall asleep, sleeping.

-Just thought I'd be helpful and tell you the sky is blue, in case you didn't know -- thanks for the help but it's really not necessary.

No comments:

Followers